Coca-cola is one of the top five brands in the world. It is also one of the largest producers of plastic bottles, most of which are never recycled. Thus, Coca-Cola wanted to explore a larger company-wide sustainability approach in order to create a closed-loop system for RPET.
Additionally, Coca-Cola is an iconic brand and in order to remain so, they need to engage in a more strategic licensing plan in order to avoid dilution of the brand.
Lastly, they wanted to engage in new strategic design initiatives, which would promote their brand and new sustainability objectives. fuseproject was brought in to engage in all of these new efforts.
- Define clear avenues for licensing opportunities that will reinforce the iconic nature of the Coca-Cola brand as well as capitalizing on licensing revenue sources
- Develop a company-wide sustainability platform that promotes the closed loop system of RPET and generates design solutions which use RPET as their main component
- Design a variety of products and apparel which could take advantage of the new sustainability approaches and materials
Brand & Packaging
- Identify the key brand message and platforms that have build the Coca-Cola brand and fuse those with the new needs for reuse, recycling and RPET
- Develop a new sustainability icon for Coca-Cola products, which encompass RPET and other sustainable practices
- Design the first generation product born out of these RPET and sustainability platforms which is iconic and will bring recognition to the new Coca-Cola programs
Recognition & Awards
- International Design Awards, 2009
- IF Product Design Award, 2008
- Chicago Athenaeum – Good Design Award, 2008
- Spark Award – Bronze Award, 2008
- ID Magazine Annual Design Competition “Equipment”, 2008
- Red Dot Design Award, 2008