For this latest generation smart lock, in addition to metals such as zinc aluminum alloy, we have also detailed ownable design elements for a next generation look and feel. The most noticeable design change is the face of the lock which accesses the batteries and integrates LEDs status lights behind the August badge. The softer surface transitions and rounded edges, as well as the textured ridges on the surround of the lock is a refinement that invites tactility when the lock is rotated manually. Lastly, you’ll notice a new August badge which visually helps identify if the device is locked or not.
The locks’s front face has soft, inviting curvature that invites you to interact with the device. On the side surface, the facetted grip texture provides added tactility when the lock is manually rotated. The lock’s status can be easily identified from a distance owing to the curved ’apex’ that indicates whether the door is locked/unlocked depending on its angle of rotation. The status is further communicated through the ‘August’ logo that glows green for locked, and red for unlocked.
International Design Awards
- Gold - Home Interior Products - Household appliances, 2021
- Silver - Media and Home Electronics - Consumer, 2021
Fast Company Innovation by Design
- Honorable Mention - Products Category, 2020
- Winner, 2020
- Consumer Technology Category, Notable Honors, 2020
- Home and Living Category, Notable Honors, 2020
Red Dot Design Awards
- Smart Products Category, Winner, 2020
- Innovation Products Category, Winner 2020
Architizer A+ Awards
- Special Mention - Doors & Door Hardware Category, 2020
- Silver Winner - Product Category, 2020